grabing and uploading users

Etheral

Dec 8, 2003
Hello,
i was trying to use the "Copy an account from another server with account password" under "Transfers" i put the correct information for the other server i was getting the user from, but all goes well untill i get this error,
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:04:31 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Not Found
The requested URL /~insanear/cgi-bin/cpdownload/cpanelwrap.cgi was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
ive tried to transfer accounts from other servers and it works fine. whats wrong? i checked for cpanelwrap.cgi on the other server, and it was there.

PunkyFeople

Registered
Sep 2, 2004
Anyone have a solution to this?

I have just encountered the same problem. I moved 20 accounts with no problem. Then I encountered the error above and can not seem to get around it.

I am using the CURRENT release on both servers.

Anyone?

velox

Sep 17, 2004
There has to be a bug in cpanel, or a different config on other machines, e.g apache build/ options selected. We can transfer between our networks fine. But we do encounter problems with some other servers (3rd party)

randomuser

Jun 25, 2005
I wouldn't normally bump such an old thread, but I feel what I have to add could be useful to others in the future since the problem was not resolved in this thread, and since a search on google, these forums, and bugzilla for "cpanelwrap.cgi" also does not appear to yield a solution.

Problem: transferring accounts via WHM, and you run into the following error:

The requested URL /~insanear/cgi-bin/cpdownload/cpanelwrap.cgi was not found on this server.
Solution (at least this is what worked for me with several different customers): temporarily upgrade the user's disk space on the remote host (the one you are transferring the account(s) from).

If this works for you, please vote on bug ID 3535:
http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3535

Last edited:

blaze64

Feb 5, 2003
Odd, almost 5 months old and the above post fixed the issue. I moved 48 accounts from one server to another and all moved just fine except ne. I upgraded their account and BAM! it moved with no problems.

cPanel developers, you shoudl fix this for other users.