The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Issue on Install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wicksy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Wicksy

Wicksy Registered

Hi

I have just installed Cpanel on CentOS 3.4. Everything went very smoothly, but when I rebooted my server, I am having problems with the graphics card.

It tries to launch into graphic mode, but always fails. It stays on the command login page for 4-5 seconds and then tries to launch the graphic mode and fails again and just goes in a loop. I used the Xgraphic fix tool, but this did not work. I tried a different graphics card, which was detected and then installed. However, I still get the same problem.

The two graphics card's in question are a MGA G200 AGP & Virge/DX or /GX.

I thought that my KVM may be causing the problem, so I switched to a seperate monitor, keyboard and mouse, but this has made no difference.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Cheers

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cPanel does not support Graphical mode and disables Xserver and stops it from loading.

quote from cPanel FAQ:
    Due to the numerous security problems that plaque running X on a server, Cpanel uninstalls it and keeps it from running. You should never ever run X on a public server. google.com has plenty of references to support this decision.

3. Wicksy

Wicksy Registered

Cool

Cheers :)