The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greylisting Report Empty

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ramorse, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ramorse

ramorse Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have finally turned Greylisitng back on for a couple servers hoping to combat all the new domain spam. It's been on for about a week on 2 servers. On one when I go to Reports there are pages of listings. On the other Reports is empty. I have checked to be sure the accounts on the one with empty Reports have Greylisting on by checking in their Cpanel settings and at least for the ones I did check it is on. What's the difference here?

2. bloatedstoat

bloatedstoat Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ramorse

ramorse Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Apparently so. I did search for a similar thread and didn't find it. The same solution was reached after I posted a support request: Greylisting was unchecked in Exim Advanced Editor for no explainable reason. So, it's been resolved.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Internal case CPANEL-4354 is open to address an issue where Greylisting isn't enabled if it was previously configured via "WHM » Home » Service Configuration » Exim Configuration Manager » Advanced Editor". Using that method can result in an entry for acl_greylisting= in the /etc/exim.conf.localopts file that overrides the option in Web Host Manager.

The current workaround is to remove the acl_greylisting= entry from the /etc/exim.conf.localopts file, and then enable Greylisting again via "WHM » Home » Email » Greylisting".

I'll update this thread with more information on the status of this case as it becomes available.

Thank you.