The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grsecurity and cpanel

Discussion in 'Security' started by DigiCrime, Dec 8, 2005.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

Anyone have much experience with sysctl support? when you use gradm and enable the system it cant read the license otherwise disabled works fine. :confused:

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

IMX, I see more problems with server stability and performance problems with kernels built with grsecurity than anything else. I would never personally recommend anyone use it on modern kernels. If you're running an EOL kernel, then it might be a good idea, otherwise I've yet to be convinced of its benefits.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Well-Known Member

I dont guess its to popular I dont see it talked about to much, it has some benifits but just the same as anything else, once root access is gained its irrelevent. Enabling sysctl support, using gradm with it to enable disable the system is nice, doesnt allow you to make system changes without turning the system off completly or which files it has access to im guessing. I havent had much luck with it though without sysctl support works like its supposed to but with it on it breaks cpanel.