The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guestbook spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kodine, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Kodine

Kodine Registered

Feb 6, 2006
    Hey all! I have been having a problem lately with some guy who keeps spamming my guestbook with entries about online pharmacies! I have had to delete his posts going on like 5 times, 2 of which were from today! I have tried to block his/her IP...doesnt seem to work....I assume its automated with some sort of fake IP....I say this because it has changed today his IP was along the lines of "". Also when I put IP's in the block IP's box and click submit, when the page realoads they are no longer in the box. The box with reloads completely empty. Anyone know hows I can solve these problems? Also Since im on here talking about my guestbook, Does anyone know how to get the emails to show up correct ( instead of written out {name(at)domain(dot)com}????? Anyone help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    #1 Kodine, Mar 24, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  2. bhd

bhd Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2003
    JNB ZA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like you need a guestbook that uses a security image validation. This will get rid of your spammer unless he's prepared to manually enter every entry himself which I doubt.