The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to installing Cpanel using Home NAT setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisjako, Apr 11, 2012.

1. chrisjako

chrisjako Member

Hi Guys, I'm wanting to save costs on hosting with 12 sites I am running for myself and close friends business's

I have a 100mb connection at home with 10mb upload so figured it would be best to try give it a shot at hosting it on a spare intel i7 with 16gb RAM computer i have a home. I've managed to install centos with cpanel but dont know what i should be entering in the configuration as the guide is for a setup in a datacenter.

My question is what configuration data do i need in order to accomplish my WHM and Cpanel setup at home? I appreciated it is not an official supported setup using NAT but have also read that many people are using this current method too, has anyone produced a guide or can steer me in the direction of what details about my setup i will need in order to?

I have got a static IP from my ISP (Virgin Media, UK) but am a bit of a noob when it comes to where I should be entering this data when i'm trying to use a NAT setup

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. chrisjako

chrisjako Member

thanks, after pointing DMZ to my server that did the trick with the 3 redirects - all working sweet now :)