Guide to installing Cpanel using Home NAT setup

chrisjako

Jan 6, 2009
Hi Guys, I'm wanting to save costs on hosting with 12 sites I am running for myself and close friends business's

I have a 100mb connection at home with 10mb upload so figured it would be best to try give it a shot at hosting it on a spare intel i7 with 16gb RAM computer i have a home. I've managed to install centos with cpanel but dont know what i should be entering in the configuration as the guide is for a setup in a datacenter.

My question is what configuration data do i need in order to accomplish my WHM and Cpanel setup at home? I appreciated it is not an official supported setup using NAT but have also read that many people are using this current method too, has anyone produced a guide or can steer me in the direction of what details about my setup i will need in order to?

I have got a static IP from my ISP (Virgin Media, UK) but am a bit of a noob when it comes to where I should be entering this data when i'm trying to use a NAT setup

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

chrisjako

Jan 6, 2009
thanks, after pointing DMZ to my server that did the trick with the 3 redirects - all working sweet now :)