The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guides on "how to fix things"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danimal, May 19, 2005.

1. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

Howdy one and all!

Ok, so I had some trouble with email domain forwarding. I tried searching and searching and even posted a couple of times but didn't come up with anything. Eventually, I discovered that creating an "email domain forwarder" puts it in /etc/vdomainaliases/... so then I grepped /etc/ for "vdomainaliases" to see what was using it. Nothing! *sigh*

So I figured it had to be an exim thing and so I started searching for "exim.conf" issues. Eventually I discovered a neat little tool: /scripts/buildeximconf which actually fixed the issue!

I started to rejoice and then thought:

"Wait! What _other_ wonderful and quick fixes are there and how would I find out about them?" Am I just dense? Are there manuals, or how-tos or other document sources that help with "how to fix things" in cPanel/WHM? In particular, there are all sorts of scripts in the /scripts/ directory. What do they all do? When would I want to use them? When should I _not_ run one of them? See what I mean... so many questions...

So without opening too big a can of worms... are there any guides for /scripts/ and/or "how to fix things" in cPanel/WHM?

Thanks all!

-Danimal :cool:

2. ghv

ghv Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. All sorts of good (and not so good) things in /scripts.
    I tried to stay on top of it for a while but gave up from lack of time.