The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Hacked by Scream"... need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bushman, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Bushman

Bushman Registered

I'm very new at this and I have a big problem. As the title says, I was hacked by Scream.... same as many other websites. He managed to erase all my index files both on my website and OSC.

Noticed it yesterday, was able to recover 70% of my info.... fixed up the site, change passwords... got hit last night, lost everything.... decided just to go ahead and erase the index files until I find a solution. Not much info out there on the web.

Can you guys help?

2. Bushman

Bushman Registered

Hello, anyone? Well, it seems that after the initial couple of atacks, he hasen't come back.... maybe my feible atampts at security actaually work (permisions and password changes).

I'm currently rebuilding my website, but OSC is screwed up (alot of those index files were changed) I still have all my info, all my customers and products. I did a backup of the SQL database but I want to repair the whole system... do I have to uninstall and reinstall or is there a way of repairing the program?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you running the latest OSC or an older version? What type of security do you have installed on the server? You mention you are new to this, I suggest you find a security pro to assist otherwise you may find yourself in trouble again.

Lots to read up on available.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=OScommerce+security&btnG=Google+Search

OScommerce is available via cPanel, but keeping it up to date and secure is up to you.

A good place to start might be using this firewall, configured properly, IMHO.
    http://www.configserver.com/cp/csf.html