The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacked Help Me Please =*(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yufool, Feb 18, 2004.

?

Who thinks they are a l337 hacker

1. YES

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. MAYBE

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. NO

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. CPANEL? WHAT IS CPANEL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yufool

yufool Active Member

Now that I got your attention,

I'm setting up a new server to host corporate e-mail. So: naturally I'm a little nervous about security. I'm offering $50 for the first person that can place README.TXT into my root directory containing the steps they took to get in and how I can harden my system. In the file they will also include their AIM / ICQ information, e-mail, and phone number. This is a must if you want to get paid.

The catch: you have to do it in 48 hrs, by 4:00 CST on 2/20.

In the following months it will become $100 whenever I feel it's necessary. I hope this doesn't get boring because I'm a new admin. Here's some things to start you off:

ns1.dreampod.com 207.44.244.145
    ns2.dreampod.com 207.44.244.153

You can try things such as port scan, wget (although no scripts yet), brute force, whatever you think you need. No, you can't look up my whois, come to my house and beat me up to get the password. I'm doing this because I also know this forum needs a little fun and excitement because of all the negative energy going around lately. And because I've invested too much to get it messed up by a loser from a shady third world country.

Props to a good product, but we can make it better.
    Kevin

#1 yufool, Feb 18, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  2. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Well-Known Member

so then will there be a notice to hackers on your server also - that they must hack you in 48 hrs or less?

I think payment to do it will be incentive enough for someone around here who has some spare time.

;)

3. yufool

yufool Active Member

oh yeah, also

you can't do lasting permanent damage or I'll have to cancel the challenge....that should be obvious :D

4. Bart™

Bart™ Member

Haha this should be fun to watch. :p