Hacked log_in credentials

Chinatu

Registered
Jul 15, 2020
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
My email default password was hacked as soon as the mailbox was created. The hacker requested for the configuration file from cpanel based on request as the response from cpanel revealed the GPRS IP address of the hacker. I replied immediately on reading the mail from cpanel to block the IP address ano to inform that I did not initiate the request. The hacker got my credentials details through undue remote spying.

As it is now, I cannot reset my password as the 'hint contact email' is far from any of my emails.

Kindly assist here. Will send details in line with your response here.

Thank you.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Can you explain this please?

The hacker requested for the configuration file from cpanel based on request as the response from cpanel revealed the GPRS IP address of the hacker.
If your system was not already compromised, I'm unsure I understand how you're indicating that this occurred.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There's not really a great deal we can do.
None of us can gain access to your account, only your host provider could do this.
I'd suggest a call to your tech support host provider.

Chinatu

Registered
Jul 15, 2020
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
OK, thanks for this response, will contact my provider. Please is it not possible to block the IPHONE address of the hacker from accessing email box. Thanks.

Chinatu

Registered
Jul 15, 2020
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Can you explain this please?

If your system was not already compromised, I'm unsure I understand how you're indicating that this occurred.
Definitely, my gadgets were unduly paired for unrestricted remote access with remotely monitored password..
As it is now, I cannot reset my email password, 'the cntact email address hint' is not close to my email address in any way. Please is it possible to reset the profile to create room for filling in of personal information afresh. Will send the IP address on request. Thanks.