The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive failed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chunpal, Mar 5, 2003.

1. chunpal

chunpal Member

I have ded server like RH7.3, 512mb, 60gb, 300gb bw and cpanel/WHM.
    There are about 10 web sites using just 2gb space and less than 5gb bw per month.

I got some problem here.

About hour ago, Web server was down and can't send&recieve e-mail.

and, when I log in to WHM, this message came out.

=================================
    Can't locate Carp/Heavy.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/ERLVER /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/ERLVER /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Carp.pm line 109.
    =================================

I didn't do anything at all.

The hosting company said, hard drive is failed so, get 2nd hard drive for backup. few minutes later, server seem fine, then they said
    "we went into fsck mode and force checked all the partitions and miraculously it booted up - our recommendation is you get a 2nd hard drive now, and make backups NOW. "

and I bought it.

In this case, is this my fault? I mean I don't have any choice? just buy 2nd hard drive?

Even they said they have hardware warranty!!!

Nothing I can do?

Anyone just tell me something, please~~

Thank you...