The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Firewall, Setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steve1526, Jun 21, 2004.

1. steve1526

steve1526 Registered

Jun 21, 2004
    Has anyone set up Cpanel behine a static ip firewall?
    I have tried a few times and seem to get the same problem.
    I will explane what I am doing, in terms of setup.
    First all the correct ports on the firewall are open, Now when I setup the server via WHM, I use the static ip of the firewall which use to be the static ip on my server before I put it behine the firewall, I use it as the Main Shared Virtual Host IP., now for my name servers I use the names servers that All the domains I want to host point to,, now my server has the same host name as it did before I put it behine the firewall. What the problem is when I create an account for a domain it sets it up with the static ip, which I need for DNS, but if I go to list accounts, I click the ip of each account, which is the static ip for the firewall, I get the website, but if I click the domain name I get a screen that tells me there is no web site for this address. Not if I change the Main shared ip address to the address of my server, the sites will show up, but only for a short time till they get resolved to the unresolvable address.
    Any help or input would be great.