Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Has any one else noticed a bug in the licence registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barkermn01, Mar 17, 2010.

1. barkermn01

barkermn01 Member

Hi,

I'm a long term user of cpanel

I have 2 servers with cpanel on them,

1 is my own personal box barkersm****.co.uk

the other is a business VPS vps1.welfordm****.co.uk

no barkersm**** has 5 IP's and when i start that up the primary IP is the ip on device eth0

But for some reason on the VPS vps1. uses the heights device posible wich is eth0:2,

No my Primary IP is on eth0 so why is this using the last ip i have to take the other 2 ips offline then run the license file /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt then re-enable my other ips

Now Cpanel say it runs on the primary all over these forums now is this a bug in my install or a bug in VPS-Optimised Cpanel would like to know from other users if this is a bug can cpanel look into it please

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Going by your explanation it is not clear what the exact issue is with the IP addresses. If you could put the issue in a more proper way, people could definitely help you out OR rather have someone look into your issue especially your hosting company.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...