The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a problem with backup script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hrockvn, Nov 28, 2007.

1. hrockvn

hrockvn Member

I've a server in The Planet with WHM & cPanel.
    Now, we have a problem with backup job. At the time of backup script begin, I received a email with content:
    Some minutes after, another email sent to me:
    Who can hel me to enable backu funtion?
    Thanks

2. hrockvn

hrockvn Member

When I access to WHM and open ConfigServer Security & Firewall, then Run Check Server Security . This is result:

Server Check
    Check /tmp is mounted noexec,nosuid: ..... WARNING ..../tmp isn't mounted with the noexec,nosuid options (currently: noexec). You should consider adding a mountpoint into /etc/fstab for /tmp with those options

Check /var/tmp is mounted noexec,nosuid: ...WARNING... /var/tmp isn't mounted with the noexec,nosuid options (currently: noexec). You should consider adding a mountpoint into /etc/fstab for /var/tmp with those options

Check /dev/shm is mounted noexec,nosuid: ...WARNING... /dev/shm isn't mounted with the noexec,nosuid options (currently: none). You should consider adding a mountpoint into /etc/fstab for /dev/shm with those options

How to change these settings for my server?

3. ttremain

ttremain Well-Known Member

You have multiple problems here...

First you told WHM to mount /cpbackup before processing backups. You do not appear to have a volume called /cpbackup.

The second message refers to HOW several of your mounts are setup. These can be modified in your /etc/fstab file, but proceed with caution, if you make a mistake, your server may not reboot correctly.