The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have cPanel credentials only. Need to remotely setup database. Possible?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by sl-75, Mar 25, 2011.

1. sl-75

sl-75 Registered

Hi,

Could you help:

I have cPanel username and password. No user or database names.

Need to remotely (from my server) upload & install Wordpress database to that cPanel host.

Thank you.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you have cPanel > PHPMyAdmin, you can import a database there into one that already exists. So, you can go to cPanel > MySQL databases area, create the database, create the database user, add the database user to the database, then go to cPanel > PHPMyAdmin and import the database there (usually, an .sql file is what you'd be importing).

If this is a new WordPress install, you don't need to import the database either. A new WordPress installation (not a pre-existing one being moved) would simply create the database during WordPress install.

3. pak

pak Member

As you have cPanel details, login to cPanel and find PHPMyadmin, open it, click on desired database from left side after page reloaded click on export option at right side top links.

Good Luck.

4. sl-75

sl-75 Registered

Thanks for replies, but I need to create those databases remotely, without login into cPanel.

I am working at a kind of a service where users will enter their cPanel/ FTP credentials at our website and I should develop a solution to install WordPress to their servers only with cPanel/ FTP access details.