The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have Custom DNS for all user Addon Domains

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by rasa, Aug 4, 2014.

1. rasa

rasa Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello
    i have a situation in some our accounts

i will describe current environment
    we have a reseller with full ACL

under this reseller we have some account that they have Dedicated Ip address and they created their private DNS server ( ns1.theirdomian.com and NS2.TheirDomain.com )

the domain that they create their private DNS under it is a Parked domain under thier account
    now when they add extra addon domain to their accounts that in DNS zone of that domain the NS record of doamin will set the reseller ( ns1.ourreseller.com and ns2.ourreseller.com ) DNS instead of their Private DNS and this will crate a stealth DNS in sites like Into DNS

and
    how could i tell WHm to create these addon domain with DNS parameters that they match Domain For Private DNS

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You will need to ensure the name servers are created at the domain registrar, and the "A" records are added in the DNS zone of the domain name they are associated with. Then, you can change the name servers for that domain name and others to the name servers that you created. You can ensure new accounts/domain names under the reseller use those name servers by configuring them via:

"WHM Home » Resellers » Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges"

Thank you.

3. rasa

rasa Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello
    i think you get me wrong

the reseller Private DNS are work just fine ( there a re Child host for ns1 and ns2 on registary ) and domain itself have ns1 and ns 2 and in reseller nameserver and also dns editor i added a rocord for dns ip and ns records

but my question is how could i set that a specific domain have its DNS setting for parked domains under this account insated of get top level resellerand prevent stealth record and different DNS records report

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would have to make that account it's own reseller or manually edit the DNS zone after the domain name was added to the account. You could open a feature request to have such a feature included with cPanel:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

5. rasa

rasa Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello
    make User a resller and create DNS for it and make User to Own it self seems to work fine
    but in this situation the top reseller will not have access to manege this user and its settings !

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, there is no native functionality for the setup you are seeking, so you may want to open a feature request if the workarounds are not suitable.

Thank you.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, there is no native functionality for the setup you are seeking, so you may want to open a feature request if the workarounds are not suitable.

Thank you.