The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have to use Solid State Drives more Optimized

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by dolay, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dolay

dolay Member

I have /dev/sda2 total:28G [thoughshould be 32gb] used:17G free:11G

Current hosted web-site contents are not more than 10GB, what is covering over 7GB in the Solid State Drive?

While building this server i was thinking to all system files and such as MySQL database hosted in the SSD and the rest all SATA drives.

My hosting company told that they build it already as i asked but even i wget a big backup to the server it automatically saves it in the SSD not in the SATA's

How can i find the files that may be removable in SSD [probably came with the installations ect things] and make the server saves any files like pictures, movies backups at the SATA drives?

2. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

With all disk drives the actual size and formatted size are going to differ (i.e. only 28GB out of 32GB available) and then depending on how you have things set up OS files could be on the drive or any other number of files.

It's hard for us to guess because we don't know your exact configuration/settings/installation. I would just go into the drive and see what is there personally.