The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having an issue with cPanel on my dedicated server.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CompletelyChris, Aug 4, 2005.

1. CompletelyChris

CompletelyChris Registered

Alright, here's the deal. I have a client that needed a dedicated server for their website. We had one set up and everything looked to be running ok. However I can't log into any of the individual cPanel's.

The server will allow me to log into WHM fine and edit everything. However even through the WHM's cpanel xfer system, I can't get into the site's individual cPanel.

Their website is www.sportsfanatticshop.com (I just set this domain to switch over tonight so some of you may get their old site).

Now from all my playing when I changed my server's host name (changed it to server.sportsfanatticshop.com) it showed a cPanel screen saying "Invalid License File."

The weird thing is that when I go to go into the cPanel, if I go to http://www.sportsfanatticshop.com/cpanel/ it gets an Internal Server Error. But if I go directly to http://www.sportsfanatticshop.com:2082/ the login dialog will show, but no matter which name/pass I put in (root or the account's) it won't log in.

If someone could help it would be much appreciated.

2. CompletelyChris

Here's some more information that might help. These were suggestions that people had on WebHostingTalk

1) Someone told me to punch my IP into the verify.cpanel.net to make sure I had a valid license and here's the output from there.

2) Next I was told to run this script. /scripts/upcp --force And here is what I got from that.

3) Then I was told to run /scripts/fixndc and then "service cpanel restart" which helped a problem I was having with setting an A entry for the hostname, but not logging into cPanel.

3. CompletelyChris

I tried searching to no avail. If this issue has been tackled then a link in the right direction would be fine. :D

4. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

Just a stab in the dark ;)
    maybe the domain hasnt propagated properly for you yet, just use your IP instead and see if that works !

5. CompletelyChris

No the IP doesn't work either. I had tried that in the beginning before I switched the domain over and it didn't work.

6. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

whats your OS and build ?
    Have you submited a support ticket to cPanel?
    As you purchased the licence straight from cPanel, they should be able to help you quickly !