Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Having javascript run based on country ip [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by estado3, Jul 4, 2006.

1. estado3

estado3 Member

I am wondering how to do this, I have a few javascripts, but I would like to have the javascripts run based on the country up of the visitor, I am using cpanel with apache 1.3.36 with cpanel build 10.8.2.stable-120. The javascript code is simply added to html, but I want certain javascript to show based on the country ip.

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

javascript (unless you mean jsp) is a client side scripting language and is irrelevant of the server, you will need to code a script to detect the locale from the browser and switch to the relevant javascript

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Certain server-based variables, such as the user agent, are passed on to JS and I wouldn't be surprised if the user's IP present.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

the user agent is retrieved client side again, to my knowledge i dont think you can get the external IP of the user, only the internal

5. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Fair enough, that makes sense to me.