The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Problem With Outlook Express

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beach, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Beach

Beach Registered

I am able to recieve all the emails I could ever want, but when I try to send an email or reply to one I get this message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'beach@beach-site.com', Server: 'mail.beach-site.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    ~Beach~
    :cool:

2. christi1

christi1 Well-Known Member

I'm using Outlook and haven't had any problems, but I did have to walk a client through this once.

In your account info... for Outlook this is Tools > Accounts, then highlight an account and hit 'Properties'...

On the 'Servers' tab, make sure 'Log on using secure password authentication' is not checked.

On the 'Servers' tab again, click 'My server requires authentication' so that it is checked.

Click the 'Settings' button just to the right of this. Check 'Log on using' and enter the user/pass as assigned by your ISP .... NOT your website account, but your ISP.

Restart Outlook and send a test email to yourself.

Hope this helps.

3. Beach

Beach Registered

Thank you for your help christi1.

I tried what you suggested...followed your steps exactly and I still can not send email. I still get the same error message. I don't get it, but I have a feeling it's something really simple that I'm overlooking...that's the way it usually goes...lol I will keep trying. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks again

4. liquidcherry

liquidcherry Well-Known Member

suggestion

hi....

try www.microsoft.com for your Outlook issue,the knowledgebase.... i remember that i had a similar issue but i cannot remember exactly what i did...

But i will try to give you some more advice....

Why you dont just delete your email account in outlook express and install it new (cpanel has a nice outlook express installer,it creates a .reg file) ...i think this is how i resolved it

cheers

Frank

5. dsampaio

dsampaio Member

Hi!
    I had the same problema! I reinstalled Exim (/scripts/exim4) and than reset the server and every thing became OK....

Hope it helps you! ;)

6. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This looks to me like the message I get when my customer's ISPs block port 25 (that is, the SMTP port, which is the one used to send outgoing email).

There are three possible fixes I know about:

1. Get your webhosting company (yourself?) to setup incoming mail listening on an additional port, ie port 26 as well as port 25.

2. Use TLS with Outlook, which will move the port to something in the 400s,

3. Use the ISP's email server. This is probably the simplest fix.

Cheers,

Brian