The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Failing ~ Recovered Files but now DNS issues

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by reese, Jul 6, 2010.

1. reese

reese Member

I recently had a harddrive go bad on one of my boxes.. so i slaved the drive and was able to move all the files over using resync but now i cannot get my domains to resolve.

I rechecked all my name servers at my registar and they are pointing to 2 ips that are currently assigned to my box.

Ive gone in several times to make sure that both of these ips are in the pool and that they are showing as name servers and they are.

Ive made sure both have a records and everything is good there..

ive restarted bind several times.

What else could i be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

2. reese

reese Member

i am willing to pay a cpanel expert to sort this out for me :)

3. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

Did you consider sending in a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel area from the machine? It's going to be difficult without server access to be certain why this isn't working for you. One thing that might be happening is that port 53 isn't listening on the new drive. Another possibility is the resolver (/etc/resolv.conf) isn't set to a good working resolver. You can try putting in 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 into /etc/resolv.conf as two good, working public resolvers.

Can you dig the domains locally on the machine? Try the following:

Code:
    dig @localhost mydomain.com +short
    dig mydomain.com +short
    Where mydomain.com is your actual domain that isn't working. Next, try a telnet to see if port 53 is working locally and remotely:

Code:
    telnet localhost 53
    telnet MainIP# 53
    Replace MainIP# with your server's IP. If port 53 isn't working, then try these commands to see the results:

Code:
    lsof -i :53
    netstat -an|grep :53

4. reese

reese Member

we were able to get this resolved but now when ever you try to login to /cpanel it will give you a solid white page after logging in.