The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headache frustration!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thankyou, Oct 21, 2004.

1. thankyou

thankyou Well-Known Member

Hi friend,

Several days ago I changed my cpanel logon password via my WHM, and I saw the results of this change:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Results of Password Change

Password for (my cPanel Username) has been changed
    Attempting FP Password change
    Found service.pwd
    Changed Frontpage Password
    Updating mysql database access...

(my mysql username)

Done

Ftp Updating...

Ftp Password Files synced
    Vhost Passwords synced

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, what has frustrated me so much is that every time I try to open my webpages that connect to my mysql databases, there ares only these words on the webpages:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: '(my username)@localhost' (Using password: YES) in ...

could not connect to database"

It's my 1st time to see this, and these days I've tried hard to solve this problem! I've learnt and tried several ways to fix this issue. I reset MySQL root password, I granted all priviledges to the only mysql databases user (Root and User are the same one---me only), ... but, man, still can not solve this! This has really affected my website and my daily life, negatively!!!

Why this headache, terrible issue happened with cPanle password change? Cpanel friends, please fix this problem in the WHM/Cpanel scripts and please author excellent scripts later on. I like WHM/Cpanel, but don't put me in WHM/cPanel headache frustrations often, please!

Where can I find the necessary tutorials on the mysql problems? Why there are no tutorials for several common, major WHM/Cpanel aspects' issues? Why??? You do not want to keep your new, paying customers??? Do not want to keep your forums as professional ones???

Friend, please advise me how to solve the mysql problem(s)!

Thank you very much for any technical advice/tip in advance!

T.Y. :(

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

Try updating the password stored in the script files you are using to access the database. These are often stored in config.php or something along those lines.

3. thankyou

thankyou Well-Known Member

Hi SarcNBit and cPanel friend,

Thank you very much for help!

I'm a newbie in SSH matters. I did ran this command --- nano config.php via SSH, but there is nothing inside. Please give me detailed information where I can find the file(s) and what exact commands I need to add or change!

Are there any other ways to fix this mysql problems??

Urgent help please!

Thank you very much indeed!

T.Y.

4. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

What I am suggesting, is that the 'backend' services may be fine. It is likely that you simply need to update the password being used in whatever script you are trying to run. I do not know how your script is configured, so it is impossible for me to tell you exactly what file needs to be changed.

If what I suggest is causing your problem, the file you are looking for will be located in the user's file space.

What is the script that is causing you SQL error? Is the script something you downloaded or is it something that was developed for you? If you give a little more information, I may be able to give you a more specific answer.