The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helix Server

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by jdawes, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jdawes

jdawes Well-Known Member

Got helix server / producer running on an internal network with live stream, however feeding the live stream from producer to the external redhat9 box helix server and playing back from the remote linux helix server has been unsuccessful.

I managed to play a prerecorded clip hosted remotely so it seems it works but the live streaming seems to fail (seemingly random generic errors) and i suspect it is an issue of port assignment and such, tried 2 separate installs.

If anyone has some suggestions on particular configurations and port assignments that might work well in this situation please do share. Any tips for linux/helix newbs would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

2. Snowman30

Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    can a server running CPanel work with helix on it as well???

3. Drew Nichols

Drew Nichols Well-Known Member

I have a client who wants to stream a .rm file -- will Cpanel do this with or without Helix?

4. jdawes

jdawes Well-Known Member

apache

if its a one off just let them upload it and apache will stream it. the helix server is really not that necessary for a minimal number of files/users.