Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

hello all new to this =)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riskychris, Dec 16, 2004.

1. riskychris

riskychris Registered

Hello, I just got an account with acehost, and then download the ipswitch ws_ftp program. I uploaded all my site files to the correct folders. But when I go to my domain address nothing is there it is redirected to one of those cheese search engines. Do I have to wait X amount fo time for my site to be published on the net? I already changed the Nameserver information with Domain reg of america. Also It says my index file needed to be html, but mine was htm so I changed it. DO I need to go and change all my files to html or will they work with htm ( used Dreamweaver to create the pages) Thanks in advance

CD

2. obolado

obolado Member

Where do you put your files?

You need put your files into "public_html" or "www" directory on FTP.

=)

3. nhant

nhant Member

if you change your domain nameserver DNS ... you have to wait like 24-48 hours.

If you're not, as obolado had said. make sure you upload into the right path (directory folder).