Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Hello, I think I messed up my cpanel, need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by arnoldg, Apr 3, 2014.

1. arnoldg

arnoldg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

This is my 1st time to open a cpanel really, after purchasing my hosting and domain, start viewing tutorial about how to use the cpanel and set up a wordpress. I found a good tutorial in youtube and starting to use hes technique in setting up wordpress not knowing theres is an easy option but its too late.

When I start uploading the wordpress file via FTP, then suddenly my PC shut and the middle of the uploading, after Im not sure but I decided to delete the wordpress files that are in the remote public_html, then I think theres some folder I deleted that not supposed to be delete Im not sure though.

Then I saw another tutorial the easy way via Fantastico and it was easy installation, after finishing install already input the user and pass, it says Congratulation or something like that... I think its successful 3/3

But when I click the wp-admin Its not directing to the wordpress but in OpenDNS there is a message "You tried to visit but its not loading."

What should I do?? Please help, Is there a Reset Button or Restore Default in cPanel?

I also tried to remove the wordpress then install again, but the problem is just the same. :(

#1 arnoldg, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on what specific directories you removed? For instance, did you delete directories outside of public_html?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...