The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, just a quick question before I buy...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trevor, May 8, 2002.

1. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Well, even though I e-mailed support about this, it's often a good idea to post it in two areas...

I just wanted to know,

When I'm running WHM and offering CPanel to my virtual hosting customers, do I HAVE to give out a unique IP with every account? It's an extra expense to get unique ips... I'm hoping that I can just run 1 ip per server and only offer a unique ip as an add-on (with add-on fee).

2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Yes you can create account with or without IPs. This is up to you. Some servers only have 1 ip. So this will work perfect for you.

3. Trevor

Trevor Registered

How does that work with the other features like .com domain hosting and ftp accounts etc? ... Can my customers still host their .coms and FTP accounts if I have only one IP?

4. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Yes they will work fine. They are called virtual accounts. They will not notice any difference.

5. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Sorry to ask again :P

But, are you sure that the FTP functions will still work? Like, ftp.customerdomain.com ? &-- with the login message and booting of current sessions, and true ftp accounts...

I just don't see how ftp could be done for each user without additional ips... binding of the ftp daemon multiple times to only one ip... ?

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:e6634a408d][i:e6634a408d]Originally posted by Trevor[/i:e6634a408d]

Sorry to ask again :P

But, are you sure that the FTP functions will still work? Like, ftp.customerdomain.com ? &-- with the login message and booting of current sessions, and true ftp accounts...

I just don't see how ftp could be done for each user without additional ips... binding of the ftp daemon multiple times to only one ip... ?[/quote:e6634a408d]

The logins just become user@domain.com instead of just the user for the virtual users

7. Trevor

Trevor Registered

Thank you so much :). Nice community.. very helpful :). I will definately purchase it :).