Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Helo=PcName In Email Headers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by defiler, Nov 22, 2010.

1. defiler

defiler Registered

Hello,
    When sending an email through my mail server, the mail includes the "helo" statement along with the PC name. The sending computer is using Outlook.

The reason I am asking is I have a client whos email is being flagged as spam because the network address that this client is sending from is listed in several spam blacklists. I did the research, obviously checking my mail servers and then checking the originating email address's external network IP. My mail server is clean but there external network IP address isn't. I sent the supporting information inclusing screen shots of mail watch and sent them a link to a spam blacklist checker. That IP address is in 7 different blacklists. Now the IT department is questioning the client asking why the PC name is included in the mail header in the "helo=" statement. Not that has anything to do with the spam list but it has concerned my client. I cannot think of why this would be an issue for anyone because the actual internal IP address is not listed just the external. Am I correct in my train of thought?

Thank you for your time.