The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a Web Noob.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CptLounge, Dec 27, 2005.

1. CptLounge

CptLounge Registered

Please forgive my naivity, but I am trying to upload a game file (RTCW:ET) into my root folder on my server, and have never done this through cPanel before. Can anyone give me some advice on how to make this happen? Apparently, before cPanel, this was done directly with PuTTY/FilZilla. I am allowing use of my server, but they do not know how, and I don't know what to tell them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

2. wzd

wzd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Mike,

I suggest you download an FTP client such as FlashFXP / FileZilla (if you feel comfortable with it) or CuteFTP / WS_FTP . Search google.com on other ftp clients :cool:

Once you have downloaded the client install it and then connect to your host

Host: yourdomain.com
    Username:
    Password:

The username and password will probably be the Cpanel username and password that was provided to you by your Hosting service provider. This is the same username and password you type in when accessing your site via www.yourdomain.com/cpanel

You might have to type in something like username@yourdomain.com. :)

Once this is done you can change directory to your public_html directory or whever you wish to upload the file and depending on the program upload the file to the server.

Feel free to ask your hosting service provider any questions you have either via live support or call in or email (they should have one or more of these features).

Good luck :)