The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP - Account causing high load issues (crashes)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kistler, Jul 11, 2006.

1. kistler

kistler Well-Known Member

I have an account that has just started to crash the server at all times of the day. I am not sure what is doing it - if it’s his traffic (6,500 unique visitors/month, 300GB bw ) or abuse of a user /script, I have done some searching and I can find anything that helps (98% of the time they tell the guy to search and don’t help)

There seems to be multiple php files (processes go from 180 to 250+) called when it does start affecting the server – but this all started out of no where, he’s running jportal2 – and he is a my space tweak provider

#1 kistler, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. kistler

just took out my server again, I need to find out what is causing this, i have looked at alot of the logs, i dont see anything.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Sounds your client's Php scripts are exahusting your server resources. These Php scripts loop indefinitely causing major problem to your server. You need to upgrade his script to the latest release, or see if there are any security patches for that software.

4. kistler

I’ve now done that, I am asking him to update the script as I cant read the lang it in, could it also be that he gets thousands of hits on images and flash files? -but it seems that his account is coming up with php each time it spikes, and almost only then.

gif Image 24466 45.8 % 1.00 GB 61.8 %
    jpg Image 23167 43.3 % 494.63 MB 29.7 %

Anyway to set the limit of how many images can be pulled from his account at one time? He is like a myspace images provider thingy lol

5. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Maybe he should think about a dedicated server. It's not fair to have such a resource hog for a customer on a shared server. I'd send him packing.

6. InternetPEI

InternetPEI Well-Known Member

They tend to eat up the resources.. I have a few of them running and eating stuff up on one server.

switching them all to a seperate server shortly for high usage users.

7. kistler

I think in his case it was the system he was using that was causing all the load issues, got rid of it and now he's in the clear and still dishing out images.