The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help =( account transfer got stuck - how do i continue it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragons Master, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Dragons Master

Heya Folks,

I was wondering if you guys can help me out with a lil something - I was in the middle of doing a transfer from another server - there are 64 tar parts and it transferred only 51 and 97% of the 52nd part - so i was wondering how can i resume the transfer, or maybe do it from the beginning without having to create the archives first becase that's what takes ages.

If those aren't possible does anyone know how to untar all the tars together? (those are split tars) - I will just make a new account, put the 13 tar parts that left there, transfer it, put those with the rest of the parts that are on the new server already and untar all at once - i just gotta know how to untar all at once now :)

- Ben

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    were u transferring it from another C-panel server; using the C-panel funtionality or did you tar it yourself and were initiating the move ?

also about the resume; i do not think you can continue that. You can continue by individually moving the left domains.

3. Dragons Master

Yes I was transferring it from another cpanel server using the "Copy an account from another server"
    I only wish to transfer 1 domain - that domain is quite big as you can see.
    Since i can't resume i guess my question now is - how do i mass-untar the files? do i need to group them to 1 big tar and then untar - if so how can it be done? please help =) thank you.

- Ben

4. ViperLabs

ViperLabs Member

Have you tried copying the account over again? If so, and that wasn't successful, you should be able to see the file that was copied over in the /home directory. Delete it and try transferring it again.

Also, you didn't mention what caused the transfer to abort.

Viper

5. Dragons Master

well i'm not so sure about what caused it to start - the transfer took few hours i guess there was no connectivity between the servers for a short time inbetween which cut down the transfer - anyways i decided to transfer just the settings and move everything else with wget - and that's what I did :) - working great.

- Dragons Master