The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP: Accounts in /home and in "Modify Accounts" but not listing in "List Accounts&am

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roberto, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

Alot of our accounts are listed in mofiy accounts and in /home but when we click "List Accounts" many of them aren't showing. Why is this or where does the List Account function call from?

Also the accounts not listed in the "List Accounts" function don't appear in httpd.conf either.

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

This is a very urgent matter and anyone who can offer me helpful advice I wouldn't mind giving $10-50$ to via paypal or cc.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. HollyRidge

HollyRidge Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Seeing the same thing on on our our servers. What I have found so far is that the site info is missing from the httpd.conf file.

4. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

Yep,

we solved the problem by manually re-adding all effected accounts.

Rob

5. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

The last time that happened to us, we just ran upcp again and that seemed to fix it.

6. abused1

abused1 Member

We had this problem a month ago on a server it caused a week + of headache while we waiting for clients to come to us saying their site was missing.

We just now had it on another server. UPCP did not work, and this is turning into an epidemic. Does anyone know of a working fix?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 36551

7. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

In the worst case, which is what happened to us, you will have to rebuild the entire httpd.conf file by deleting and then re-adding the accounts in WHM. Just make backups of all the user folders before you delete them and then restore form the backups.

8. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    You are RIGHT! The problem appears after you have renamed the domain of an account. WHM doesn't really rename the domain. Instead, it created another DNS zone and left many things unchanged. The best way to solve this problem is to re-establish the account with the new domain.

If there is anything that needs to be updated/corrected in WHM, in my opinion, this should be on top of the list.

9. abused1

abused1 Member

bug

I think I figured out the cause of this happening.

NEVER allow a reseller to change his username on the main reseller account. If the bug strikes not only will his account get screwed up but many entrys out of the httpd.conf will dissapear.

This is the email from our reseller client who's account has disapeared from the list accounts, but still shows up in modify an account. ....

"More information if it's helpful:
    I signed up using the domain stroker-kits.com, with the login name of Webpromo.
    Then created an account using domain, "OPTIMIZE-PROMOTE-WEB-SITES.COM".
    Then realized that I needed to have the latter be the main domain on the account, not stroker-kits.
    So that's when I sent the email asking Support to switch them.
    Before they were switched, I believe I created an account for Healthy-blended-families.com, account name would have been stephero.

I received an email in reply from Support saying the switch was complete.
    Then, I deleted stroker-kits.com (ID=stroker ) in order to replace it with strokerheaven.com.
    As soon as I deleted stroker-kits.com, I was unable to log into my Host Manager and Cpanel pages. "

What we've noticed is that on both servers it happened on only one reseller account was screwed up, and many clients for all of the resellers. Anyone else that has had this problem please let us know if you have resellers on the server, and if you did if you've done reseller main username changes.

10. abused1

abused1 Member

again

Well this just happened again on another server. We guestimate 200 entrys deleted from the httpdconfig

Anything cpanel?

11. rabid_nerd

rabid_nerd Member

SAME PROBLEM HERE

Only now mine has locked out any access at the server level (ded server)

12. rabid_nerd

rabid_nerd Member

Re: SAME PROBLEM HERE

Ahh, after this nightmare night and getting root added back in, upgrading to RELEASE 10 fixed all the accounts!!

Hallelujiah!

13. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Anybody knows which are the files to be manually edited if I want to rename the domain (instead of deleting and re-establish the domain)?

14. abused1

abused1 Member

again!@!@#!@ Cpanel get to work on this please.

This has happened on another reseller server just now. This is the 4t reseller box of ours it has happened to.

300+ entrys deleted out of the 600.

Is anyone working on this issue? Hello?

15. Roberto

Roberto Active Member

What caused it to heppen?

16. abused1

abused1 Member

possible?

This happened on yet another server 2 days ago this time we somewhat know the cause from it. The server it happened on had about 800 accounts after a big chunk of the config was eaten it was left with 603 accounts.

How It happened...
    I was logged into A resellers WHM using the servers ROOT password instead of the resellers password. I terminated a single site from his whm right after doing so the 200+ accounts were missing.

Now the question was why would me deleting a single account do this when theres a 100 resellers in there every day deleting / adding accounts. I had no idea ....

Just a few minutes ago I logged into a users cpanel account using his useranme and the servers ROOT password. I deleted an addon domain of his. A second after doing so the servers apache crashed. That's when it hit me that in both instances of this happening on 2 separate servers I used the root password on both! A possible bug? I do know I just started recently using the root pw to login to users account within the last month or so. It's been less then a month since we've had 5 of our 6 resellers boxes have their config eaten.

Can someone do some testing on this? Do the testing a box that has hyperthreading since the 1 reseller box we have that it dind't happen on is our only box without hyperthreading.

17. ialex03

ialex03 Well-Known Member

It happened to us twice.
    Now I am going to write a small cron script to backup httpd.com every 10-15 minutes.

But I am very interested in the final fix for this problem.

18. netcom

netcom Member

Same problem

Hello,

We're testing our server and when delete one account as root in WHM all accounts are deleted.:(

If we make a reseller account and delete one account, this problem doesn't appear.:confused:

We updated WHM/Cpane to the lastest version WHM 8.8.0 cPanel 8.8.0-S74

19. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Re: Same problem

Now that would be a real bummer!

20. abused1

abused1 Member

again

Just happened on another reseller box entire config was eaten this time. Cpanel this problem ONLY affects resellers so please trace it and fix it. Every reseller host I know has had this problem multiple times if they have a lot of reseller boxes.