The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help adding package feature (special instance)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drsprite, Nov 28, 2004.

1. drsprite

drsprite Active Member

I offer a plan called "Silver Plan" and the feature i've programmed for it doesn't allow CGI access. However, I have a client now who I have verbally agreed to allow CGI access for him, and he has this Silver Plan... I've looked under Account Functions > Modify an Account and I didn't see any CGI checkbox there.

How can I enable CGI for this account without upgrading him to the next account that allows CGI? Where's that checkbox? (besides under features..)

Thanks for your help! :)

#1 drsprite, Nov 28, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Unless you have root WHM access, the 'Modify an account' feature is limited. To work around this create anothe package with CGI enabled and assign the package to the account.

3. drsprite

drsprite Active Member

I have WHM root access... and that's what I was afraid of, was creating another package.. I was trying to avoid that. Is that the only option?

4. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

Edit their entry in httpd.conf. Remove the line that says "Options - ExecCGI" (or something like that).

5. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Good Point!

You have root access, and changing the options didn't change the customers ability to access CGI? If that's the case, like FWC said, "Edit the entry in httpd.conf"