cofur

Registered
Dec 13, 2019
OVH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I am asking for help to solve a problem since the update of whm

Since the update of whm CENTOS 7.7 v84.0.17, I can no longer add a domain to my cpanel account. It shows me the following message (Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DNS/GetNameservers.pm line 133. [A warning occurred while processing this directive.])

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GetNameservers.pm line 133

132 if ($first_responsive_nss_are_for_tld) {
133 my @nss = map { @$_ } values %$ip_lookup_hr;

# You might think that the recursive_queries above would just get the nameservers. Ha.
# In the event that the NS are the only thing setup, and as part of the parent zone, unbound can't see them.
# So, we have to interrogate them directly to get the NS, which we can then ask unbound again as to their A records.
@names = _find_names_and_ips_with_nameservers_for_domain( $domain, \@nss, $ip_lookup_hr, $unbound, $get_ips );
}
else {
@names = @$first_responsive_nameservers;
}

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help
Bestregard

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

This issue is a result of changes made to the DNS resolution library we made and it's intolerance of misconfigured (in most cases) NAT routing, specifically hairpinning(NAT Loopback). Ultimately the most desirable modification to make here would be to resolve the issues with the NAT configuration. This can be confirmed in most cases by running something like the following:

Code:
dig +short yourdomain.tld @<YourNameserverIP>
In many cases where this is configured incorrectly, it will return nothing (time out) or return an internal IP address. Feel free to run the dig query and add the results here, but do ensure you remove all personally identifiable information like domain names and public IP addresses.

We've also opened an internal case to address this (in the event this is the same as the issue you're experiencing) or at the very least add a more useful error message - the case ID is CPANEL-30861

cofur

Registered
Dec 13, 2019
OVH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can't solve my problem

dig +short yourdomain.tld @<YourNameserverIP>

give nothing or send me the IP address of my server with an already existing domain

Or can I see the nat configuration of my OVH server. all IP addresses are good ?

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

If that's coming back with nothing or the incorrect IP address - it would indicate that either there is an issue with the DNS zone file on the server or there is a misconfiguration. If you'd like to open a ticket we'd be happy to look into it for you and let you know where the issue lies.