The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! BIND 8 won\'t restart

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by greg, Oct 10, 2001.

1. greg

greg Active Member

Hi.

We\'ve just had Cpanel installed. I went to setup the name server and BIND went wrong. Its decided it doesnt want to restart (or just start now). I\'ve tried doing it through WHM and a program called Webmin, but neither starts it.

As anyone had this before, or does anyone simply know what to try? We are brand new with Linux so go easy :)

2. greg

greg Active Member

Further to the last message, I\'ve just noticed /scripts/resbind doesnt exist.

I\'m guessing this is what could be causing the problem. Does anyone have this file to send me please or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

3. greg

greg Active Member

All sorted now. We uninstalled BIND 9 and re-installed #8, and it works. Peachy.

4. greg

greg Active Member

Grr, new error! This now appears when trying to restart BIND:

\"usr/sbin/rndc: error while loading shared libraries: libomapi.so.3: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory\"

Anyone have this file or know of a way that I can sort this problem, or why this problem would suddenly disapear. Help please?

Thanks.