The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Bought New Server...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peruvianfinest, Jan 18, 2005.

1. peruvianfinest

peruvianfinest Registered

I already reffered this to my hosting (unmetered box) to see if they can help me further but is always good to ask other people .. Now i have purchased a box 10mbit .. etc and I bought it with Cpanel WHM .... The OS is FreeBSD (not a clue what to do with it) ..but they said they managed it and I would be better off that way because of what I do ... Now instead of writing two thousands times I am just going to copy/paste what i wrote to my host ..see if u guys can help me out.

"okay maybe I do have a good question regarding my server ...I mostly will be using this server for FTP transfers etc . And I see that I have proftpd installed on the server (good choice)... I can login anonymous which is good too that shows I can login ... now mostly what I need from this server is just make accounts and give them "certain access" , like right now I am trying to put some documents up and I have "permission denied" i understand that I have to configure the anonymous account and problem is I don't know how to ..recently I saw "proftpd" site and it was just too confusing for me so I decided to see what other people would recommend but I didn't get a straight answer on what would be easy to use "make accounts,give certain access and that's it"... so my question is what can I use (i understand FreeBSD is not like Windows and this is why I am making my other computer like they required in the site (FREEBSD) . But for now I am here stuck "wondering" what can I use or I was hoping Cpanel would do that for "

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

You need to read up on WHM... it's the server administration part of Cpanel. You can create accounts, and get some server admin options there. Login to your.servername.com:2087 (or try port 2086 if it doesn't work with the secure port... and then configure SSL access - just have it reset the certificate.)

Read the Cpanel docs too.