The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help broken php script after upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoLost, Jul 9, 2011.

1. SoLost

SoLost Registered

I updated with easyapache and selected php5 all seemed well except I lost access to my billing program via http. I contacted zend after researching error message which appears when I try to access that page. The response was:

It looks like your problem in general is that your running files that are encoded with a really really old copy of Zend Guard (in fact so old it might be call Zend Encoder) on a machine running PHP 5.3 with Guard loader. That simply is not going to work. So you will either need to revert to PHP 5.2 and Zend Optimizer or you need to re-encode the files with the newest version of Zend Guard.

Yes I now have php 5.3 right, tried re-encoding files but that is not going so well "internal service error", what to do?

How do I revert to php 5.2 (if that would even fix my problem)
    Should I run php 4 and php 5 at the same type, since I think that is how old the original files are (if so how)

This problem is sending me an error email every minute. Yeah 3000 so far, so help resolving this would be awesome.

What is the error message you may ask?

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID1, whereas the Loader expects 4 in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx/include/scripts/cron_dispatch.cron.php on line 0

Any guidance, suggestions or pushes of a cliff would be helpful.

Oh yeah and I speak no ssh (ok about 5 commands) so please be gentle with me, should you dare to take on assisting in this dilemma!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I think for the moment until you sort this out you might want to remove that cronjob. Assuming it was added via your cPanel, find the Cron Jobs icon in cPanel, locate the cron and copy it to a text file and save. Then delete it. That should end the emails, but will break the billing software from updating stats or whatever that cron does.

3. SoLost

SoLost Registered

Thank you Infopro. I did delete the cron job, no worries on the billing program not updating. It is not functioning since the upgrade so I don't think it matters until I figure out how to get it running again.

Again let me say thank you Infopro very much for your time and assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You're certainly welcome.