The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! can NOT log on to Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kailash1, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I got login prompt for cPanel URL but if you are still facing the problem I suggest to contact them directly to resolve this.

Kailash

2. derrenbrown

derrenbrown Registered

Just bought a host space at hostgator, it does NOT work well. The problem is:

The server ip is 75.125.236.130, no problem surfing with this page which basically shows that the cpanel successfully installed on this server. But I can NOT get access to cpanel control center at 75.125.236.130:2082, neither at https://75.125.236.130:2083, I'm pretty sure that the port 2082 or 2083 is not banned by ISP, as I can get access to my other website(which is not hosted in US) through cpanel. Also I can log on through ftp, but can not do anything with cpanel, and still don't know why. Do i have to change my name servers to specific ones assigned in my mail? My previous website works well with cpanel without changing anything...

I'm confused, would somebody please please help me?
    Thank you

3. derrenbrown

derrenbrown Registered

Thank you, I just got problem solved. It turned out to be the damn GFW... (i'm in China, so you know...) I can logged on through proxy. I just added one A name for cpanel through my domain, it works well now.