The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP can not send or receive email!!

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MVA, Sep 10, 2008.

1. MVA

MVA Registered

For the past 3 days I can not receive or send email though I can access my webmail site it shows no activity. Many people have said that they have sent email to me (recently and in the past) and it is returned to them. In some cases friends of have said that they have never been able to successfully send an email message using through cPanel. I can not find a way to contact anyone at cPanel for help. This happens very regularly (perhaps once every 2 weeks or so) and it is very frustrating. I am a newbie without much tech experience. Anyone with any info is welcome!

Thanks!
    MVA

2. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

There are several reasons for the emails to stop working. DNS, mail queue, mail service, incorrect folder permissions, being few of them. Do you get any error or bounce back message when you send an email to your account ? Or it's just lost in the outerspace ?
    I'd recommend you to contact your hosting provider rather than contacting cPanel, or provide us more info here so that we can help you fix the problems :)

3. MVA

MVA Registered

Thanks for your reply. Messages sent (and received) are lost out there is space. No notification of any kind. Not sure if this helps but I have tried to access webmail from several different computers in several different locations. Nothing. Not sure who the service provider would be then?

4. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Can you provide the domain name here, we'd check where it's hosted or what the DNS are exactly :)