Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Help! Conjoined email sites

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Ken Casser, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

Okay, I know nothing about this stuff and I've gotten myself into trouble.

I was trying to get my email to be received into the "Inbox" instead of a file with my email account name. I deleted the email account file, but it still shows up when I click on "Mail". So, I went to cPanel and set up a new email account. Now, it looks like I have two separate email accounts with the same name. New email goes to the new email account, but the old one is still open. When I log in, I get taken to the old email site. If I log out, log back in and click on the "return to cPanel" button, hit "email accounts" and then Access Webmail, I get taken to the new site with new email. How can I disconnect the old site?

I hope this is clear, but it's baffling me.

Thanks!

Ken

#1 Ken Casser, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

OK, I figured it out - spent all day today, but I'm almost done. What happened was that I now have two different 'log on' names. So, my next question is, How do I get rid of one of the log on's? I don't know where to go to delete it.

Thanks!

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It seems that you would like to remove the old email account. For that you can remove it from the cPanel --> Email Accounts --> Add/Remove/Manage accounts ---> click on Delete button in front of email account which you would like to remove.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

Thanks, but I couldn't get that to do it. I have two different logins. They both can take me to hostmonster/cpanel and will access the correct email account (one only) when I go through the "back to cPanel button" at the bottom. But, if I log onto the old logon and then first click Horde, it takes me to the wrong email setup. So what I really want to do is get rid of that logon. It doesn't seem to be affecting me, but I don't know why I can't fix it.