The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Conjoined email sites

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ken Casser, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

Okay, I know nothing about this stuff and I've gotten myself into trouble.

I was trying to get my email to be received into the "Inbox" instead of a file with my email account name. I deleted the email account file, but it still shows up when I click on "Mail". So, I went to cPanel and set up a new email account. Now, it looks like I have two separate email accounts with the same name. New email goes to the new email account, but the old one is still open. When I log in, I get taken to the old email site. If I log out, log back in and click on the "return to cPanel" button, hit "email accounts" and then Access Webmail, I get taken to the new site with new email. How can I disconnect the old site?

I hope this is clear, but it's baffling me.

Thanks!

Ken

#1 Ken Casser, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

OK, I figured it out - spent all day today, but I'm almost done. What happened was that I now have two different 'log on' names. So, my next question is, How do I get rid of one of the log on's? I don't know where to go to delete it.

Thanks!

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It seems that you would like to remove the old email account. For that you can remove it from the cPanel --> Email Accounts --> Add/Remove/Manage accounts ---> click on Delete button in front of email account which you would like to remove.

4. Ken Casser

Ken Casser Registered

Thanks, but I couldn't get that to do it. I have two different logins. They both can take me to hostmonster/cpanel and will access the correct email account (one only) when I go through the "back to cPanel button" at the bottom. But, if I log onto the old logon and then first click Horde, it takes me to the wrong email setup. So what I really want to do is get rid of that logon. It doesn't seem to be affecting me, but I don't know why I can't fix it.