Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

HELP - Cpanel destroyed my box???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colosus, Mar 10, 2006.

1. colosus

colosus Registered

Hi

I have installed the latest version of cpanel today.

Iv have come to login on port 2082 and it will not accept my root password, port 2087 is closed.

I can login to port 2082 with one of my normal user accounts but i get the message Unknown License File Version I have registered my ip and it has been accepted altough i get the same message

So i have logged into my server through ssh and tried to SU to root and it seems Cpanel taken over:

su
    -bash: /bin/su: Permission denied

Please help as all my websites are currently offline (Showing Cpanel - There is no website configured at this address.) and I cannot even login as root to put things right.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You really shouldn't install cPanel on anything other than a machine with a fresh OS install and no critical data as mentioned in the WHM installation docs.

Your best bet would be to contact cPanel support and have them look into things - if this was not a clean OS install there could be any manner of possible causes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...