The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. Customers can not list POP account.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sodapopinski, Nov 7, 2006.

1. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Well-Known Member

2 days ago my server crashed. After restored files from the backup drive I also swicthed from mbox to maildir.

But the problem when some of my client logged into the cpanel system >> mail >> Add/Remove/Manage Accounts >> they can not find the list of existing mailboxes. But if I ls -ls /home/username/mail/domain-name/, the mailbox are exist. Some customers can see the list of their current mailboxes. But some can not.

Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks alot in advance.

2. krava

krava Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Probably your accounts were restored incorrectly. I mean not all settings were restored properly. The mailboxes could disappear if their domains aren't listed in files:
    /etc/userdomains

/var/cpanel/user/$USERNAME

The file /etc/userdomains contains all domains installed on your box and their owners. The second file contains specs of the account $USERNAME. Sure, you need to replace $USERNAME with the actual cPanel username. So check all necessary files and make sure all domains are there.

3. sodapopinski

sodapopinski Well-Known Member

Thanks alot.
    Both /etc/userdomains and files into /var/cpanel/users are fine, but the problem is still persist.

Any idea?

Thanks alot.

4. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

Please check /etc/trueuserdomains and check if the entry for the domain is there.