The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help desperately needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashd, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ashd

ashd Member

Hi, i got a server running cpanel yesterday and i attempted configuring it today, i bought the domain webmod.net from 1&1, so in WHM i setup the nameservers as ns1.webmod.net and ns2.webmod.net they we're given the IP's 207.226.21.171 and 207.226.21.172, i set the hostname as server.webmod.net and my servers main ip is 207.226.21.171, shortly afterwards BIND stopped running, i ran /scripts/fixndc twice and it didn't do much, i found the problem in named.conf and apparently fixed the problem manually, although now resin keeps failing, and after creating my first user in cpanel, it configured httpd.conf with a line break in the DocumentRoot parameter so apache crashes unless i manually modify it, and although bind no longer fails, when attempting to change dns settings i still get "Error reloading bind on server: rndc: 'reload' failed: not found", i have rebooted my server and it just reported (at first) nearly all the services failing, then a few minutes afterwards (and now) it reports all but resin working, and the IP address 207.226.21.172 is now red i am not sure if this means it has not aquired the IP correctly or not, i also cannot point my domain webmod.net to ns1.webmod.net and ns2.webmod.net (it says 'Subdomains of the original domainname as name servers for the original domainname need a fixed IP!') and i cannot point it to the IP's of ns1 and ns2 becuase it says 'The name server is not sufficient or hasn't been approved.' ,
    if anyone could help me fix these problems and get my server working i would be most greatful,

Thanks,
    Ash

#1 ashd, Feb 19, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. ashd

ashd Member

I also forgot to add, cpanel pro and all addon modules and scripts have been installed, and i have just fixed the resin problem by removing mod_resin which conflicted with tomcat :-/,
    also when creating an account it displays '/home/public_html does not exist or is not a directory! ' and continues, i'm guessing this is due to the line brake it adds into httpd.conf in the DocumentRoot Parameter,
    if anybody has any recommendations on how to fix this error i would be most greatful,

thanks alot,
    Ash

#2 ashd, Feb 19, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2005