Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[help] error while trying to access another server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cappi, Aug 14, 2007.

1. cappi

cappi Member

I had a PHP script working fine before the last WHM/Cpanel update to version 11. I could access a MySQL database on another server and there was no problem with that, now I get the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/account_name/public_html/folder/connection_file.php on line 6
    I cannot connect to the database because: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Nothing was changed on this script, I have looked into this error everywhere, have found some solutions, but they have not worked for me. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

try allowing the IP of your remote mysql server to your firewall(CSF) if you have it installed.

mohit

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cappi

cappi Member

Solved!

Somehow the port 3306 was blocked in the firewall... something weird happen during the last update... I will check. Thanks anyway!