The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Folder/directory dissapeared & effecting my clients

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tech1, Jan 12, 2006.

1. tech1

tech1 Registered

Jan 12, 2006
    Last night I noticed that the cpanel was running extremely show and still seems to be today as well. My website is also running slow. But my bigger problem is today I had a client sign up for services on my website and when they went to test after entering their info it wasn't working properly.

Based on the errors they are getting, the file upload problem is caused because one of my directories being missing, just vanished or it's been deleted. On the website's control panel's file manager, and am not seeing this directory.

Last night I went to cpanel to checkemail and ALL of my emails...saved, new, folders, sent was GONE. I kept checking it and nothing was there. Went back a couple hours later and there were all the folders and emails. So I'm wondering could this vanishing directory that is causing my website to now not function fully for my clients be somehow connected to a problem cpanel might be experiencing?

If I knew that it was on their end and something they were addressing and it would be repaired and my folder directory would reappear soon I could relax more. But I have clients that are depending on my services working properly.
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    It's not clear from your post whether you're an end-user or the server admin. If you're an end-user you need to speak to your web hosting provider.

If you're the server admin, then the only likely culprits for deleting directories in user accounts are:

1. USer error (in FTP or scripts)
    2. Bugs in scripts on the account
    3. Compromised account