The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for non Hosts - People trying to build websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by house, Aug 1, 2006.

1. house

house Member

So it turns out this site is mainly for people hosting cPanel and selling out web addresses or whatever.

Where is a good place to go for the people who are buying these services and just want a nice website?

I read about going to your hosts website and asking them for help, I dont know about anyone else but thats really problematic for me as I am in a foreign country.

Shouldnt you have a forum for us or would it just be a bunch of un-answered questions?

And how the eck do I get a nice background / theme for my website ;)

#1 house, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As you said, this forum is for the hosts themselves... as for a webhost customer, they would have to do their own footwork, or talk to their webhost.
    You can try checking the "Ads" section here on the board, and see if you can find anything there... but most of the posts in that area are in relation to people offering webhost accounts or servers... and not so much in the design area.
    Try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="website+templates" for a nice website theme. There are literally millions of sites out there offering Templates, and without some idea of what you want, giving you specific links would be difficult.
    If your host has Fantastico offered in their cPanel, you can always install a template from there...

3. house

house Member

Ok, figured out how to get the background/theme for a website using frontpage, a commonly asked question here, will post this in both my threads just encase someone searches for this.

The main problem I had was I was skipping a lot of steps. If you open a new page in frontpage extension you should save it in mywebsite file or something you should see a tab that says website somewhere on your screen. I was trying to publish site to quickly.

Hit that and bottom right appears some publishing commands. Sychronize works a treat here.

Further to this there is a nice frontpage tutorial on microsoft, well worth 20 - 30 mins of your time.

And stop bugging all the hosts with you stupid questions :D