The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! FTP Account Auto-creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tsaikkala, Mar 5, 2003.

1. tsaikkala

tsaikkala Registered

Hi,

I have bought hosting and i have a cpanel control panel (it is version 6.0 as far as i know)...

I want people on my website to be able to create their own ftp accounts.. ie them throw in their username/password into a form on my website and then their ftp account is automatically created...

I currently have the form emailing me, then i have to login to cpanel then create the ftp account manually...

I was wondering if someone could show me how to add this feature to my site...

It would be really neat for people to create their own ftp accoutns without haivng to login to cpanel as i obviuosly do not want to give out my username/password to my cpanel...

i really hope anyone can help me... i have found a few posts on this topic but i think they are directed at people that have the cpanel webhosting tool, not a clients account...

thanks...

2. tsaikkala

tsaikkala Registered

i found a little way but not very secure...

i found that i could edit the html code and the accoutn can be created without having the user to log into cpanel....

the important bit is the action part of the initial form tag...

<form method="POST" action="http://<CPANEL USERNAME>:<CPANEL PASSWORD>@www.<ENTER DOMAIN HERE>.com:2082/frontend/vertex/ftp/doaddftp.html">

Username:<input type="text" name="login"><br>
    Password:<input type="text" name="password"><p>
    <input type="submit" value="Create">
    <input type="reset" value="Clear">
    </form>

any ideas on how to secure this data? i don't want ppl viewing the source and finding my cpanel username/password...
    also the "FTP ACCOUNT successfully created" page comes up after you create the account... any way of getting by this page?? because people can click the "home" link and then also have access to my cpanel...

unless there are any simple php scripts or anything to do what i have just invented by the form, then they would be used instead as this way is very insecure...

3. sos4all.com

sos4all.com Registered

firest I am not good in English
    But I will try :(

second your method show for all people whats your password.

i think its depend the text file in some folder in your site
    i think you must use the functions "fopen - fput - fclose" to do that in foldar "/ftp/"

wait until i give you the correct method
    bye :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#3 sos4all.com, May 28, 2003
    Last edited: May 28, 2003
  4. simonlee

simonlee Active Member

use curl function to post, this will be more secure.
    curl_init
    curl_setopt
    curl_exec
    curl_close
    details @ php.net

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: