The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Have problem installing curl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GAZ, Sep 17, 2004.

1. GAZ

GAZ Member

Please Help! Have big problem installing curl

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I needed to install curl so that I could then get ModernBill.

I am very new at this stuff and think I must have messed something up.

I clicked on 'Install an RPM' and installed curl from the drop down list. I thought that was all I would have to do. However, today I got the following email from my server:

"IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email. This message is to inform you that the rpm package findutils did not match the expected checksum. This could mean that your system was compromised (OwN3D). The offending files have been removed and replaced with the OS default. To be safe you should verify that your system has not be compromised.

Modified Files: S.?..... /usr/bin/find "

Since the only time I have even looked at anything to do with rpm was with the curl install, I believe that is what problem this email is referring to.

Here are my questions:

1. After I installed curl should I have clicked on 'Update Apache' or was there something else I should have done to finalize the installation or configure it?

2. If I go to 'Install an RPM' now and look at the drop down list, curl is not even on it anymore. Is that because it is still installed? How can I find out if it is installed?

3. What do I need to do differently to get this thing installed and configured correctly so that I don't get another email like that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gaz.

#1 GAZ, Sep 17, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  2. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

Yes you need to compile apache to use Curl. Once you do that and curl is enabled in apache it should work.

3. GAZ

GAZ Member

Thanks icanectc,

I updated Apache and waddayano there was curl. Checked the box, built apache and lived happily everafter.

4. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

Great glad to hear it!