The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Having DNS probems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by drackox, May 6, 2004.

1. drackox

drackox Active Member

I need help...

Let me start off by my domain name, carslots.com. I have registered ns1.carslots.com and ns2.carslots.com with the registar.

ns1.carslots.com -> 65.75.162.50
    ns2.carslots.com -> 65.75.162.51

I am able to ping ns1.carslots.com so i am assuming it has propagated.

I have also pointed the domain carslots.com to the dns servers.

Earlier, if i entered carslots.com, it would go to some weird address i have never associated with, and www.carslots.com wouldnt work at all. Now carslots.com does not work at all either.

Is this a problem with my DNS server? when pull up WHMs server stats, it shows bind is up and working fine.

Do I have to do anything else to setup the dns server?

Also, when I add or even restart bind, it gives me that that lots of people seem to have:

rndc: connection to remote host closed This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect, or the key is invalid.

I have tried the removal of the - from rndc-conf in both named.conf and rndc.conf and ran that script thing twice.... still gives me that error.

I am runnin on a fedora server with WHM 9.2.0

On top of all of that, everytime I loginto WHM i get that popup window Hostname A Entry Missing!

I have tried to remove the A record, I have deleted the record and selected change host name... still no work... I have checked my resolver configuration file... and i have my local ip addres for the first server, and 2 other DNS server for the second and third server... I still get this error.

What is a sure way to get rid of it?

other then that... Those are my problems so far... and I am just frustrated... I hope some one can help me:)

Thanx

2. BackRack

BackRack Member

I did a betterwhois.com lookup and it appears to be in order. I am getting the cPanel default page "No Website is configured at this address" and I am getting a cPanel login applet. Prior to that I was getting "network problem errors".

It may be that your "A" Record needs looked at again. Since you are using your server as the DNS Server it takes time for both to proprogate in additon to the DNS.

3. drackox

drackox Active Member

Gotcha:)

Thanks for the reply... I looked on betterwhois... and my domain carslots.coms DNS servers still are showing the old dns servers... but on GoDADDY.com it shows ns1.carslots.com...

I guess it's not done propagating...

Is there any way I can test to see if the DNS server is working?

4. drackox

drackox Active Member

YAY

My DNS stuff works :) and I have no more RNDC errors :)

It was a propagation issue... :)

thanks

5. BackRack

BackRack Member

Glad it works now. It is a nice site. :)

6. drackox

drackox Active Member

Thanks BackRack I O U 1 :)

Thanks BackRack I O U 1 :)