The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thankyou, Feb 15, 2006.

1. thankyou

thankyou Well-Known Member

My God!

I want to cry! Just now when I logged on my cpanel and clicked the MySQL Databases, I suddenly found my two MySQL Databases are gone, nothing remaining, only showing "Databases:" in un-installation status!

When I clicked phpMyAdmin, the phpMyAdmin page has nothing of the two databases, only showing the words: "Wrong username/password. Access denied."

And in WHM's Mysql Process List, nothing showing! (usually it showed some process.)

What happened? Recently, from my server logs, I have seen more bad guys trying to access to my server EVERYDAY! Why? Want to cry! Why those people knowing computer science but always try to hack and destroy other innocent people?!

I'm in the process of building a site with the two databases. I have spent a lot of time to build the two databases and save many important files there. Just now when I tried to click a link to MySQL Databases, the next page said: "Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/myusername/public_html/site1/classes/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 117
    could not connect to database"

OR maybe by this: several days ago, I update the WHM's Tweak Settings: under software, I chose "sourceguardian", before the update, I always set it as "none", and the two MySQL Databases using Third-Party software scripts always stayed and processed there, and always showed there. But after I chose "sourceguardian", the two MySQL Databases using Third-Party software scripts crashed? Gone forever? Are there any ways to get them back as original ones???

I really need experienced friends here to give me clues for anything causing this, please give any help for this!

Many thanks!

David

#1 thankyou, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  2. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

Uh... Contact your host and ask them if anything is wrong with the SQL Server and ask them if they have backups.. :P

3. thankyou

Thank you joshcrick!

Now I'm totally amazed by this. Have no clues.

Friends, please help!

4. thankyou

Thank you AndyReed! Now it's 10:36 pm. May be as usual no sufficient support from the hosting company. I'm using a dedicated server. And the server is not managed by the hosting company, mainly by myself. Feel very awkward, I myself still do not know much of the server administration. I may contact you after I first contact with the server provider.

5. thankyou

I need clues.

Any more advices and tips are highly appreciated!

6. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

Oh it's a dedicated server lol.... Try Restarting SQL Server in WHM... If that doesn't work, try rebooting... If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you my MSN/AIM/YIM or w/e you want and I'll do it for ya or help :)

7. thankyou

Thank you joshcrick for help!

Let me try restart MySQL in WHM now.

8. thankyou

Thank you Thank you joshcrick!!!

Yea, my two MySql Databases are back in cpanel!

Oh, my God!

Thank you again my friend for your great help!

9. thankyou

Thank you all friends!

I'm sorry to bother you. I have learnt good technical help from here and several other forums--these are my main help lines. Start and run a (professional) website is not easy--it's a hardship often. I'm not a computer major or savvy, so have to learn a lot of things---dedicated server administration, website design (yea I'm learning website design), building, maintenance, advertising my site...I have to spend a lot of time and energy on all these. I guess you guys are alike, too.

Best wishes to you all!

David