The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP HELP! Nameserver IP Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by buccaneerob, May 31, 2003.

1. buccaneerob

buccaneerob Active Member

Ok, I've been having problem with "Managing Nameserver IPs"

1) It takes forever to update the records for the IPs.

2) After waiting approx 10 minutes for it to update approx 30 ips, I noticed that a few of my nameservers where gone. After trying to reset the up, it did not work. Then I clicked on Manager Nameserver IPs again, and a few more were missing. Well now they all are gone!!!!!

I tried to edit the /etc/nameserverips file manually entering the information in the format below:

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX : ns1.whatever.com
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX : ns2.whatever.com

Of course substituting the XXX for valid ips and the ns1 for valid domain names.

After putting 4 of these entries in there I clicked on manage nameserver ips, they did not register, so I went back to edit the file and they are all gone again!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????

If someone could check their /etc/nameserverips file to make sure I'm entering these in the proper format it would be greatly appreciated!

I filed a ticket with Cpanel support 2 days ago and have not heard a word regarding this issue!!!!!!!

Please help!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. buccaneerob

buccaneerob Active Member

Update, actually after looking at the file again for the third time (the first time it was blank, prompting me to edit the information) there's info in their in th efollowing format!

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx=ns1.whatever.com

I assume this is the proper format but there are still TONS of nameservers missing from this list!!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: